This year, Christmas may be different from what we are used to. But we can try to make it like the others. It was with this in mind that we created our Christmas Limited Edition, Natalis.
A candle that leaves us in the Christmas spirit in less than 5 seconds. With sweet notes of Anise and Caramel, mixed with more spicy and exotic notes of cloves, cinnamon and ginger, it smells exactly like freshly baked ginger cookies. Or caramelized dreams. That part depends on the nose of each one!
So, to get 100% in the Christmas spirit, we share here a delicious recipe for Gingerbread cookies, by one of our Ambassadors, Cristiana.
- 300gr of flour without yeast
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 100gr melted unsalted butter
- 150gr brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 egg
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, fine salt and spices (ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg) in a processor and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the butter. Then add the egg, honey and beat again.
3. Add all the ingredients in the processor and mash. Then knead with your hands until it forms a ball with consistency and take it to the refrigerator (covered) for about 1 hour. If it doesn't get consistent, add flour little by little until it doesn't stick to your hands anymore.
4. After that time, roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin, and cut it with the shapes you like best.
5. Bake at 180ºC for approximately 10 minutes (it will depend a little on your oven, keep an eye out 😋)
6. When removing the cookies from the oven, let them cool before storing.
Finally, we can't help but wish you a Merry Christmas. Or at least, a normal Christmas. May you never miss the magic of this season!